Hello, I’m Ant, an energetic, entrepreneurial creative/creative director. I’m driven by George Lois’ dictum that “the accurate measure of a human being is what he or she actually gets done.” And here’s the best bits I’ve got done so far. I’ve made big ad campaigns, digital/social integrated thingies, apps, ambient stunts, direct and promo work. I’ve run punk fanzines, written articles for GQ, launched a nationwide magazine and had a book published. I speak conversational Cantonese and I love books, boxing and Bruce Springsteen. A creative/creative director with the hunger, energy and passion of a junior. I’m dedicated, entrepreneurial and passionate about creativity, whatever form it takes. I’ve worked above-the-line, below-the-line, in digital, DM and in-store – and, as media channels converge – I’m working in all of those channels simultaneously. I’ve won lots of awards but the biggest thrill for me is having ideas, inspiring others to have them and turning them into brilliantly-crafted reality.
- I’ve played key creative leadership roles in my last four agencies.
- Major contribution to multiple Agency of the Year awards at my last three agencies.
- Voted ‘Most Inspirational Leader’ in the Saatchi X global network 2010.
- One of four (out of 400) employees of the year at M&C Saatchi 2014.
- Work awarded/recognised at D&AD, One Show, Cannes Lions, Campaign Big, Clios, Spikes FWA, IAB, MAA etc
- Co-founder and editor of the magazine for British Asians, Turban Guerrilla.
- Co-wrote the book on digital marketing, Marketing Your Creativity (2004).
Creative Partner, DDB Sydney
Creative Director, M&C Saatchi Sydney
Creative Director, Iris London
Deputy Creative Director, Iris London
Voted ‘Most Inspirational Creative Leader’ in the Saatchi X global network.
Creative Director, Saatchi X.
Creative Group Head, Saatchi X
Creative, Saatchi & Saatchi/Saatchi X (Saatchi’s integrated/retail agency).
Freelance copywriter. Spent extended periods at Agency.com and M&C Saatchi’s digital dept. Also did stints atWunderman, Ogilvy One, The Attik, Saatchi Design. Co-wrote ‘Marketing Your Creativity’ with Matt Perry.
Moved back to London to launch the magazine for British Asians, Turban Guerrillla.
Joined Virtual Creative Department (VCD), where I worked for George Betsis
and Siimon Reynolds.
Moved to Sydney, did AWARD School (Australian equivalent of D&AD Workshops) and completed George Betsis’ VCD Masterclass, then started out in advertising proper – my first agency was McCann-Erickson Sydney.
Did the D&AD Workshop and fell in love with ideas.
Left school aged 16. Worked as a runner then junior writer at various agencies.
• Studied Cantonese for 10 years. Speak/understand to a decent conversational level.
• Completed the Decoded Coding course in 2013
• I’ve written for national press titles, including several pieces for GQ magazine.